Pizza is a beloved dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. The combination of a crispy crust, savory sauce, and a variety of toppings make it a go-to meal for many.
While traditional toppings like pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions are always a crowd-pleaser, sometimes it’s fun to mix things up and try something new.
One tasty and unique option is smoked salmon and cream cheese pizza. This recipe is easy to make, and the combination of flavors is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Ingredients and Preparation
To make smoked salmon and cream cheese pizza, you’ll need smoked salmon, cream cheese, dijon mustard, fresh dill, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, pizza dough, and olive oil.
Begin by flaking the smoked salmon into small pieces and set it aside. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, dijon mustard, lemon juice, fresh dill, and grated Parmesan cheese until smooth and creamy.
Roll out the pizza dough on a greased pizza tray and spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the dough, leaving a small border around the edge.
Add the smoked salmon on top of the cream cheese mixture and sprinkle salt and pepper over it. Finally, drizzle olive oil over the pizza to seal in the flavor.
Baking and Serving
Preheat your oven to 500˚F and bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
Once cooked, let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. For an extra burst of flavor, squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the pizza before serving.
- 1 pound of Smoked Salmon, flaked
- 4 ounces of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of Fresh Chopped Dill
- 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Crushed Peppercorn or Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup of Whole-wheat or Regular Pizza Dough, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced jalapeño peppers
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
While this recipe is delicious on its own, you can add some additional toppings to customize it to your liking.
Thinly sliced red onion, capers, arugula, chopped tomatoes, and sliced jalapeño peppers are all great options to add some extra flavor and texture to your pizza.
Just be careful not to overload it with toppings, as it can make the crust soggy and difficult to cook properly.
- Preheat your pizza oven or home oven to 500˚F.
- To prepare the smoked salmon, remove any skin and bones, and flake the salmon into small pieces with a fork. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, dijon mustard, lemon juice, fresh dill, and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix until fully combined and creamy. Set aside.
- Grease a pizza tray with cooking spray or olive oil, and roll out the pizza dough in a circular shape to about 1/4 inch thickness. Place the rolled-out dough on the prepared pizza tray.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the pizza dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges. Spread it out evenly using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Add the flaked smoked salmon on top of the cream cheese mixture, spreading it out evenly.
- If using any optional toppings, now is the time to add them. Top the pizza with thinly sliced red onions, capers, arugula, chopped tomatoes, or sliced jalapeño peppers.
- Sprinkle the salt and crushed peppercorns or ground black pepper over the pizza.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza to help seal in the flavor and create a crispy texture.
- Place the pizza tray on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
- Once the pizza is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- For an extra burst of flavor, squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the pizza before serving.
Helpful Pizza Hack
To help control the heat and ensure an evenly cooked crust, place a baking sheet on the bottom rack of your oven while preheating it. This will prevent the crust from burning when baking.
-Feel free to add any of your favorite toppings to the pizza before baking, such as fresh tomatoes or spinach leaves.
-Experiment with different types of cheeses, such as ricotta or mozzarella, to create different flavor profiles.
-For a lighter option, replace the cream cheese mixture with Greek yogurt for a lower-fat version.
-This pizza can also be cooked on a griddle for a crispier crust.
Salmon and Cream Cheese Pizza is a unique and delicious way to enjoy a taste of the wild in your own home.
Using simple ingredients and with the help of a few hacks and tips, this flavor-packed meal is sure to become a family favorite. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply