Introducing a fresh new take on pizza – Roasted Garlic and Tomato Pizza! This classic Italian dish gets transformed by roasting the garlic and tomatoes, imparting a sweet smokiness that pairs perfectly with a bubbling cheese topping. Of course, you can also switch it up by trying different ingredients and topping combinations – goat cheese and pesto pair delightfully with roasted red peppers, while sautéed mushrooms and spinach have plenty of umami flavor. No matter what flavor profile you choose, this recipe is sure to be a hit with any crowd!
– 1 head of garlic (for roasting)
– 2 large baking tomatoes (quartered)
– ½ small onion (diced)
– 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 teaspoons dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
– 8-10 ounces of pizza dough
– Your choice of topping ingredients (e.g. mushrooms, spinach, olives, etc.)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Separate the cloves of garlic and add them to a large bowl. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread the garlic on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Place the quartered tomatoes and diced onion in the same bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat, then transfer them to the baking sheet with the garlic.
4. Roast the garlic and tomatoes in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
5. When the garlic and tomatoes are done roasting, remove them from the oven. Reduce the temperature to 350°F.
6. Stretch the pizza dough on an oiled 13-inch pizza pan or tray. Top with shredded cheese, followed by the roasted garlic and tomatoes. Arrange any desired topping ingredients on the top.
7. Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
8. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Hack: To add a nice crunch to the pizza, sprinkle a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs over the top during the last 5 minutes of baking. This will also help soak up any extra moisture and make the pizza nice and crispy.
Tips & Suggestions:
– Feel free to use any type of pizza dough that you like, including store-bought or homemade.
– Add some extra flavor with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, or dried herbs on top.
– Serve the pizza with a side of warm marinara sauce for dipping.
– For a light lunch, cut the pizza into wedges and serve with a garden salad.
This delicious Roasted Garlic and Tomato Pizza is sure to be a hit with everyone! With a burst of flavor from the roasted garlic, tomatoes, and your favorite toppings, it’s a crowd-pleasing dish that’s sure to bring a smile to your face. Give it a try and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Leave a Reply